Did you see the Oscars?
어젯밤에 오스카 시상식 봤니?
May: John， did you see the Oscars on TV last night?
John: I did. And I was a bit angry because Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon didn't win the Best Picture'.
May: Well， I agree with you. What a great movie! But I guess Oscar didn't appreciate the foreign film too much. Anyway I was so happy to see that Russell Crowe won the 'Best Actor'. He's so cool! I knew he was going to be a big star right off the bat.
John: Come on， May. Get real. I don't think he's that good. Besides， it seems like he's playing only a hero in all of his movies.
May: but you loved the movie 'Gladiator' too.
John: Actually I liked the other actor Joaquin Phoenix better. He had some character in that movie. And you know， he's scandal maker.
May: Well， you know the expression 'All great men are also great lovers.'
* Oscar: 미국의 아카데미상 수상자가 받는 금도금의 작은 청동 입상
* appreciate: ~에 감사하다， ~를 좋아하다
* right off the bat: right from the beginning - 아주 처음부터
ex) I liked her so much right off the bat. = I liked her so much right from the beginning.
* Get real: Get rational-이성적이 되라 (rational - 이성적인， 합리적인， 도리에 맞는)
* play a hero: 영웅인체 하다， 영웅 역할을 하다
* some character: 여기서의 some 은 '어떤'의 의미로 쓰인 것이 아니라 '굉장한'， '독특한'，'상당한'의 의미가 들어있는 구어체 표현.
ex) He's some actor! - 그는 대단한(독특한) 배우야!